Is It Possible to Stay Cool Without AC?
2) Freeze water bottles and then place them underneath your pillow at night to help you stay cool when falling asleep. You could also place them behind the cushion of a chair during the day as well.
3) Place the ends of your curtains in a bucket of water and then leave them there. Open the window to let the breeze blow them, and it will cool the entire room. For best results, use cotton or linen curtains, and attempt this only in windows without fans.
4) Installing solar attic fans will help keep your entire home cooler, and they will more than pay for themselves in the long run.
5) Powder your sheets with a bit of talcum powder before going to bed at night. This will not only help keep you from sticking to them, but will help to absorb sweat as well.
6) Keep a bottle of perfume or body spray in the refrigerator. Take it out and mist yourself with it lightly whenever you need to cool down a bit.
7) Use a soap with peppermint oil in it, as the menthol in it will have a cooling effect on your skin.
What About Staying Cool in the Car With No AC??
– Placing a wet towel around the back of your neck
– Using a spray bottle to mist yourself while driving
– Keep a battery-operated fan on your dashboard, or purchase one that plugs into your cigarette lighter
– Carry frozen washcloths with you so that you can refresh yourself with them as needed. For best results, soak them in eucalyptus oil before placing them in the freezer
Keep these ideas in mind because you never know when you might need to rely on them. These simple yet effective methods of staying cool could come in handy any time, and not just in the event you lose power.
Here is a video I found on YouTube with another great tip: